This professional high quality DB9 RS-232 Tester is the easiest way to test the connection on any male or female 9 Pin Serial connection.
This adapter allows you to monitor the status of your connections with bi-colour LED's which flash when there is activity on the pins making it easy to identify signal direction.
This device is easy to install, is transparent to the RS-232 communications and does not require any external power.
DB - 9 / DB25 Pin assignment
- Pin1 / Pin8 : DCD (Carrier Detect) <== IN
- Pin2 / Pin3 : RXD (Receive Data) <== IN
- Pin3 / Pin2 : TXD (Transmit Data) ==> OUT
- Pin4 / Pin20 : DTR (Data Terminal Ready) ==> OUT
- Pin5 / Pin7 : GND (SG - Signal Ground)
- Pin6 / Pin6 : DSR (Data Set Ready) <== IN
- Pin7 / Pin4 : RTS (Request to Send) ==> OUT
- Pin8 / Pin5 : CTS (Clear to Send) <== IN
- Pin9 / Pin22 : RI (Ring Indicator) <== IN
Additional Features & Specifications:
- RS-232 DTE connecter : DB9 - M
- RS-232 DCE connecter : DB9 - F
- Data rate : Up to 200 Kbps
- Use as a M-F gender changer.
With GND & Shell Test (Frame Ground) LED
- Single / TTL out 1 - LED appear Green (V-)
- Single / TTL out 0 - LED appear Red (V+)
Housing : Plastic
Weight : 55g
Dimensions (L*W*H) : 45 * 35 * 21 (mm)