GemPlus PC430 USB Smart Card Reader and Writer
This compact card reader is the ultimate smart card peripheral for a PC. For e-commerce, home banking or e-purse facilities, secure computer access or any of a multitude of other applications, the GemPC430 offers the smartest answer. For the first time, a solution is available that offers impressive possibilities at an exceptional price.
At a mere 70 x 98 x 15 mm, the GemPC430 will handle the card interface, while your computer supports and manages the applications. Compatible with all major computers and operating systems, the GemPC430 is powered from any USB type A slot available, free of the constraints associated with other power-source options.
It will open up many possibilities, including: computer-access control, electronic commerce, home banking facilities, e-purse facilities, electronic smart-card personalization, development of smart-card application software, lots of other interesting or entertaining things.
The GemPC430 is based on Gemplus GemCore ® hardware and firmware, which means it can handle most types of ISO7816- compatible smart cards without compatibility problems. The GemPC430 works seamlessly with all major environments, most types of cards, and most makes of computers. It will readily adapt to new smart-card services, as they become available.
The GemPC430 has successfully passed the Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) test session and is eligible for the "Designed for Microsoft Windows" logo. Drivers are available for Win98, XP, 2000, 2003 and Vista.
1. Smart-card interface from and writes to all ISO7816-1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) supports 3V and 5V cards.
NOTE - will not program IC cards/wafercards that require more than 5V programming voltage or a Phoenix/Smartmouse interface, this includes PIC Cards, Gold Card, Silver Card, Emerald Card, Fun Card, etc, etc. If you wish to program these types of cards try the Infinity USB Unlimited or Infinity USB Phoenix programmers.
2. Programmable from 9,600 bauds to 115,200 bauds with the smart card
3. High Speed communication with the PC through USB port connection
4. 5V maximum drawn from the USB port
5. Electro-magnetic standards: Europe: 89/336/CEE guideline, EN 55022: 1994 Class B, EN 50082-1: 1994. 50081-1: 1992, 61000-4-2: 1995, 61000-4-3: 1997, 61000-4-4: 1995, Comply with EMC directive
6. Simple and easy to install
7. Powered by any USB type A slot available
8. Works with all major environments
9. Can be used for e-commerce, home banking, e-purse and has many other possibilities
10. Works with most types of cards